Find Information About Facilities In Your Neighborhood
We Can Help You Access Data and Documents
DEC's environmental programs write permits and monitor the safety of the air, water, and land around businesses and facilities across the state. A location may have some of the following document types, all of which are publicly available:
- Permits to release substances to the water or air
- Permits to store chemicals, petroleum, or waste or transport it to another location
- Testing and monitoring of the water, air, and land for contaminants
- Cleanup plans and reports
There are a few ways you can get these documents:
- Look below to see if we have a webpage dedicated to that facility. We typically only create webpages for locations with a large amount or frequently changing information.
- DECinfo locator is an interactive map that lets you access thousands of DEC documents and public data about the environmental quality of specific sites in New York State. Many sites that do not have webpages can be found in DECinfo Locator.
- You can sign up to receive emails about facilities in your county through DEC Delivers, our email news service.
- The Environmental Notice Bulletin lists permit applications and other official documents and actions, along with information on how to comment on the proposals.
If you have questions or need help, each of DEC's 9 regional offices has one or more public participation specialists who can answer your questions and help you get more involved in local projects. Look for the Public and Media Affairs contact for your area on our Contact Us by Location page.
Details for the following facilities are given directly on this website. Documents for many more facilities are provided through DECinfo Locator and other sources.
- Buffalo, Buffalo River Restoration
- Buffalo, Peace Bridge Air Study
- Lackawanna, Former Bethlehem Steel Site
- Tonawanda, Coke Facility Shutdown
Kings County (Brooklyn)
- Brooklyn, ExxonMobil Greenpoint Petroleum Settlement
- Brooklyn, Northeast Supply Enhancement (NESE) Project
- Perinton, High Acres Landfill
- Rochester, Eastman Business Park (Kodak)
- Rochester, RED Rochester, LLC
- Hempstead, Solvent Finishers State Superfund Site
- North Hempstead, Pall Corporation
- Oyster Bay, Former U.S. Navy and Northrop Grumman Bethpage Facility Sites
- Model City, CWM Chemical Services Hazardous Waste Facility
- Niagara Falls, Durez Corporation
- Royalton, FMC Middleport Facility
- Hoosick Falls, PFAS contamination
- Petersburgh, PFC contamination
- North Greenbush, Dunn Landfill Air Quality Study
- Poestenkill, Poestenkill Assessment Area
Richmond County (Staten Island)
- Brookhaven, Landfill Odor Complaints
- Southampton, Sand Land Corporation
- Islip, Dzus Fastener Company