Like other campground host programs, Campground Ambassadors will assist DEC campground staff in welcoming and serving the millions of visitors who vacation in the Adirondack and Catskill Parks each year.
This is an exciting opportunity for people passionate about the outdoors to help introduce new campers to DEC facilities and other outdoor activities like hiking and fishing. Ambassadors will also aid in maintaining DEC's existing customer base by connecting campers and day users to nature via environmentally-themed activities and programming.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Will serve two weeks between July 1st and Labor Day.
- Will arrive on a Wednesday.
- Will be on duty five days a week (weekends and holidays included) for two to five hours per day.
- May need to act in their Ambassador role at other times to assist visitors.
- Will be provided with a campsite for the duration of their stay.
- Will be permitted up to 5 additional people on their campsite.
- Are expected to bring their own camping and personal equipment and must abide by all rules of the facility.
- Will be given a cap which will act as their Ambassador uniform.
- Will be given a wide range of resource materials as well as training prior to their service.
- Will be provided with a campsite "Ambassador" sign for display on their campsite.
Examples of Duties:
- Welcoming campers to our facilities.
- Familiarizing campers with our facilities and our programs.
- Conducting programs to enrich the camping experience of our visitors (e.g. interpretive walks, introduction to outdoor activities, games and sports, outdoor cooking, family crafts, Junior Naturalist Journal)
- Acquainting campers with various activities within the campground and places of interest in the surrounding area.
- Helping new campers with the basics.
- Maintaining a daily log of activities and services performed at the campground.
2024 Participating Locations
The following locations will be participating:
The application period for the 2024 Campground Ambassador Program has now ended.
For more information or for questions call: 518-457-2500 x1